Friday, June 4, 2010

All's swell that ends well!

Phew! The journey along these five months have been pretty insightful for me. You never know where life takes you and you reach a point and introspect to find out that thats the place, where you wanted to be and were planning to be. These five months were definitely my testing period but I did reach where I planned to be. So, I will have a good night's sleep today.
To begin with, let me tell in simple words, what I went through for these five months. Starting with the placement season at my college, my first interview was with Manipal for a marcom role and ya I was not selected. I took it with a pinch of salt and moved on thinking that I will get a better role. Then came Optima on day zero of placement, where again I was put aside. Then there was Heymath, where I thought this would be the one. But when I reached their office, I felt a tinge of my old elearning days and asked myself, if I wanted to go back to the same atmosphere. My interviewer set me free and I was again rejected and this time I was not disappointed. Then came Marg, 3I, Everonn, Exemplarr, and Infinity.
Finally, I started searching for a job myself, which was a more disgusting experience. I got calls for technical writing(most boring job around), IDing (less boring but boring), and even call center openings! Even more worse was that most of them were on contract to hire. Everyday became routine where I started applying for as many jobs possible in Naukri ( trying to reach the goal of applying 50 openings per day) besides playing sorority life.
Surprisingly, I got a call from a corp comm role in TVS, I applied and was called for an interview. Even more surprising was that they selected me that day itself. Well, now I look back and find out how life is so testing but also promising.
Ahem..., so I met the VP of GSCM yesterday, will be meeting VP HR today and things are pretty interesting at this point of time. So I am to make up for the time and start filling my blog space again!

2 comments:

Shvetlana said...

An ordeal, but worth it :-) Congrats and nicely written.

The Rain Crab said...

Congrats Rums!!!!
And yes i missed u in the blogosphere so rock on from now on! ;)