Friday, October 19, 2012

Go Kiss the World - Review

As an avid reader I am sometimes scared that I might get stuck to a particular genre, so recently I picked up this book, guessing that the author might have shared some business cases or just his professional experience. As I reached the second page I realized that this is an autobiography. And after the first few pages, I just couldnt wait to finish this amazing book. Its so great that I am picking the right books recently, because I am such a moody reader. Sometimes I am in a political novel mood, sometimes just world war 2  reading mood and sometimes just a chick lit mood!

Before picking this book, I didn't know that Subrato Bagchi is the founder of Mindtree. As I begun reading, I couldnt help but appreaciate his fluid narrative and the fact that he had such an open mind about things. And interestingly one of his wisdom nugget was "Open your mind before you open your mouth". The last book I read, which was as amazing as this was "India Unbound" by Gurucharan Das. The best part about both these authors is how they recount their stories modestly and Bagchi took another step of even sharing learnings out of his experiences.

I have read many philosophical books by western authors, who go back to recite their favorite verses from Bible. Finally, I got an Indian author who recited a couple of verses from Upanishads! I am not really a religious person as such, but felt proud about this!

Finally my favorite lines from the book "Most people covet good jobs, great postings, higher salaries than their friends and a rather elusive elixir called job satisfaction. Conceding that all these are legitimate desires for every professional, I would, however, trade all of that for the opportunity to work for a great boss"

2 comments:

sundar said...

I have read few blog posts of Subrato Bagchi. Fascinating writing style he has. Thanks for this review. Should start reading this book.

Rums said...

@ Sundar - Thanks for reading my blog. This is surely a must read book. I am planning to read his other books too!