Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Some memorable quotes from movies

Over the last year, I have seen so many amazing movies. So I thought of collecting some quotes from these movies. Courtesy IMDB :)

Up in the air
Natalie tries to convince Ryan on relationships.
Natalie Keener: How about just not dying alone?
Ryan Bingham: Starting when I was 12, we moved each one of my grandparents into a nursing facility. My parents went the same way. Make no mistake, we all die alone.

Natalie talks to Alex about her ex-boyfriend.
Alex Goran: What a weasly prick.
Natalie Keener: Yeah, but what does that make me? Someone who falls for a prick.
Alex Goran: We all fall for the prick. Pricks are spontaneous, they're unpredictable and they're fun. And then we're surprised when they turn out to be pricks.

Escape from Sobibor
Just a conversation in the morning line for breakfast in a holocaust prison camp.
Leon Feldhendler: Did you know that tomorrow is the beginning of Sukkot?
Lt. "Sasha" Pechersky: Yes. 'Tis a Holy Day.
Leon Feldhendler: I forgot. And my father was a rabbi.
Lt. "Sasha" Pechersky: They kill on Holy Days. Why not the other way around? God will forgive.
Leon Feldhendler: There are those here who are wondering if we can forgive God.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button: Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss.

Narrator: Daisy and her friend would've crossed the street, and the taxi would've driven by. But life being what it is - a series of intersecting lives and incidents, out of anyone's control - that taxi did not go by, and that driver was momentarily distracted, and that taxi hit Daisy, and her leg was crushed.

Mrs. Maple: Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?

500 days of Summer
Tom: It's these cards and the movies and the pop songs, they're to blame for all lies and the heartache, everything.

Narrator: Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. May 23rd was a Wednesday.

Lovely Bones
This is a very beautiful story of a girl who gets murdered and goes through the process of forgiving her killer.
Susie Salmon: There was one thing my murderer didn't understand; he didn't understand how much a father could love his child.

Susie Salmon: I was in the blue horizon between heaven and earth. The days were unchanging and every night I dream the same dream. The smell of damp earth. The scream no one heard. The sound of my heart beating like a hammer against cloth and I would hear them calling, the voices of the dead. I wanted to follow them to find a way out but I would always come back to the same door. And I was afraid. I knew if I went in there I would never come out.

Susie Salmon: [voiceover] When my mother came to my room, I realized that all this time, I had been waiting for her. I had been waiting so long, I was afraid she wouldn't come.
Holly: [whispering] I love you, Susie.

(Last line of the movie)
Susie Salmon: [voiceover] Nobody notices when we leave. I mean, the moment when we really choose to go. At best you might feel, a whisper or the wave of a whisper, undulating down. My name is Salmon, like the fish. First name: Susie. I was 14 years old, when I was murdered on December 6th 1973. I was here for a moment, and then I was gone. I wish you all, a long, and happy life

Little Manhattan
Its 10 year old cute Gabe talking about his crush!
Gabe: It's amazing how quickly time moves. Just yesterday, I thought I loved her, but now, I don't even care about her at all.

Gabe: Is there anything worse than dress shopping? I would rather have my toenails peeled off one by one with pliers than spend five minutes in the dress store.

And hey, do let me know if I missed some amazing quotes from other movies!

2 comments:

Shvetlana said...

Nice collection of quotes...would surely watch the movies that I missed...
one of the quotes that haunted me more from Up in the air is:

Alex Goran: I thought our relationship was perfectly clear. You are an escape. You're a break from our normal lives. You're a parenthesis.

Rums said...

Hey Sweta! thanks for adding a quote. Up in the Air is one of the most amazing movies ever.....